How to apply
Please access our exciting new doctoral projects for 2024 here! The link to register for the application portal is momentarily closed. As soon as an update with the current projects is done, it will open. Any day now! until November 20th 2023.
The deadline for applications is the 20th of November 2023, 23:59 CET. Letters of reference were until 28th of November, 23:59 CET.
We recommend that you ask your two referees personally before adding their information to the application portal, if they are willing and have the time to evaluate your academic skills, before the given deadline, then we recommend adding their information on Tab 5 as soon as possible, before you complete your own details. Keep in mind, that your referees time is also precious! If you do not plan to complete the application, please do not ask for their support unnecessarily. YOU just might need it for real one day.
Note: You cannot change your referees once you have sent the invite! Please be aware that your application will only be considered if the two recommendation letters reached us in time!
You will receive a confirmation email as soon as we receive your two recommendation letters, as soon as you have submitted your application and finally once your application is complete.
Required documents are:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Transcript of records (record of study) and degree certificate of bachelor (BSc) degree, Vordiplom or equivalent degree;
- Transcript of records (record of study) and degree certificate of Master (MSc) degree, Diplom or equivalent degree (if applicable). If your degree programme is not yet completed, please provide temporary transcripts;
- two letters of recommendation, will be required, please ask your previous MSc supervisor;
- High school degree transcripts or equivalent, if German applicant;
- Letter of Motivation, specifically addressing why the selected project(s) /research group were chosen and why you want to join the IMPRS?
- For some of the projects, an additional Research Statement is requested. Please follow the detailed specifics of the selected project.
Recommended documents are:
- certificate of proficiency in English (recommended if not native English speaker or education was not in English);
- scholarships, prizes and awards (if applicable);
- portrait picture (optional);
- A GRE subject test in either biochemistry, biology, mathematics, physics or related subject. A GRE subject test is recommended if you come from a non-EU country, this will strongly support any application (for applicants from India we also accept GATE);
- International experience.
What we expect of our future IMPRS students:
- strong scientific motivation;
- serious interest in the activities of the doctoral programme.